Friends, if for some reason you want to delete your Paytm account forever or for some time, today in this article we will tell you about how to delete your Paytm account! There are three ways to delete a Paytm account, which we have done in different extents in this article to help you to delete your Paytm account forever!
- 1 How to delete Paytm account 2020
- 2 3 ways to delete a Paytm account
How to delete Paytm account 2020
Normally a person wants to delete his Paytm account for the same reason when he has more than one Paytm account and because it is currently necessary to have a KYC to run a Paytm account, so usually people are unable to operate more than one Paytm account. Hence they want to delete it, because if Paytm comes to know that a man has more than one Paytm account then Paytm blocks such an account.
There are currently 3 ways using which you can delete your Paytm account which we will discuss in the latter part of this article. We have provided a step-by-step guide for the same.
Due to which your money lying in the Paytm Wallet or Paytm Bank account is wasted, so it is requested to all of you that if you have more than one Paytm account then deactivate it as it is contrary to the terms and conditions of Paytm!
As you all know, Paytm is a digital wallet through which you can do many things like you can recharge your mobile, pay the insurance premium, postpaid bills, gas, electricity, water bills, etc.
Premature Paytm has also been recognized as a digital bank in which you can open your bank account as well as you can make a fixed deposit in which you get a reasonable interest rate!
Reasons to delete a Paytm account
Although there can be many reasons behind the deletion of the Paytm account, the most important reason is because of which people are searching on Google about how to delete the Paytm account 2020 is that many people have a Paytm account. There is more than one account that is difficult to manage on its own!
Apart from this, there can be many reasons to delete Paytm account, which are given below: –
– Do you want to change your Paytm mobile number
– You have more than one Paytm account
– The registered Paytm mobile number is no longer owned by you due to which you are unable to receive OTP
for safety reasons
Advantages and disadvantages of deleting a Paytm account
There can be some advantages and disadvantages of deleting a Paytm account, which is very important for you to know before you delete your Paytm account so that you can get an idea of what benefits and losses you will face if you delete your Paytm account.
– Deleting additional online wallet applications enhances your money security
– Get rid of remembering password login details etc.
– You can use any other online wallet application instead of Paytm and take advantage of its features
Your order history will be deleted, ie everything you have done on Paytm such as recharge, money transactions etc. will be deleted
3 ways to delete a Paytm account
After getting the information about how to delete your Paytm account, you can delete or block your current Paytm account at your convenience in the following 3 ways!
According to the methods, your Paytm account will be deactivated immediately and in the next 24 to 48 hours!
Method 1- Using Official Paytm app
This is the simplest and most effective way to delete your Paytm account by following the below steps-
- First of all download the official Paytm account if you don’t have – Click Here
- Login with your Paytm details which you want to delete
- Go to the Profile section in your Paytm app
- After that, you will see “Manage my Paytm account” click on that then select the option that says “I have lost my phone/ Changed my number”
- After that select “I am unable to access my account“
- In the options, you will see “I need to block my account“
- After that, they will verify your request by asking for some ownership details like your current Paytm password etc.
- After that submit the Block Request
- Your Paytm account will be blocked/ deleted shortly
I hope by following the above steps you were able to delete/ deactivate your Paytm account. If for some reasons you were not able to delete your Paytm account then you can follow other ways which are listed below 👇
Method 2- How to delete Paytm account permanently by sending email
This is the second-best way on how to delete Paytm account by sending an email to the PayTM customer care department requesting them to delete your Paytm account. This service will help you stop using any of the services offered by Paytm.
Kindly follow The below steps to deactivate your Paytm account by sending an email to PayTM from your registered Paytm email ID
- first of all login into your email ID
- click on composed or create email
- in the subject line write this- “Please delete my Paytm account”
- Now write the possible reasons because which you want to delete your Paytm account so that the customer care department representative will process your request by deleting or blocking your Paytm account permanently. also, mention your registered mobile number and a few transaction details that you have done on Paytm.
- upload any government registered ID such as your Aadhar card, voter ID card, pan card, etc
- Send this email to- [email protected]
- Now click on the send button
- You can expect a reply from them within 24 to 48 hours for the confirmation on the deletion of your Paytm account.
Method 3- How to delete Paytm account by calling customer care number
This is the third and most effective way to delete a Paytm account by calling the customer care department of Paytm. The number is given on which you can make a call and talk to the customer care representative on the other side.
So, to close your Paytm account follow the below steps
1- Call the Paytm customer care number from your registered Paytm mobile number. Call the below number
0120 3888 388
2- Request the representative to delete your Paytm account
3- They might ask you the reason because of which you want to delete your Paytm account.
4- After that, they will submit your request and you will also get a confirmation message on your registered number
5- Within 48 hours your Paytm account will be deleted.
Conclusion- So, This was the whole post on How to delete a Paytm account by using various methods. If there is any new method we will update this article for your convenience. Make sure to visit our other pages written on Paytm.